A 21-year-old Deptford man has been charged after an incident in Blackheath where police accidentally shot a suspect. 

The man was "unintentionally" shot after police responded to a report of a woman being held captive in a pub. 

No hostage was found when police searched The Anchor pub in Lewisham Road. 

One man has since been charged for allegedly having a "bladed article" and five others have been released. 

A woman called police shortly before 4am on Saturday (February 9) to report another woman was being held against her will by a group of armed men in The Anchor.

A man, believed to be in his 20s, was wounded when officers stopped a car that had driven from the pub to near Lewisham Road's junction with Blackheath Hill.

"During the vehicle stop, a police firearm was unintentionally discharged," a Scotland Yard statement said.

The wounded man has been discharged from hospital and has been released pending further enquiries. 

Police arrested Dilian Collins, of Lucas Street, Deptford, 21, from the car and he has now been charged with possession of a "bladed article". 

Collins pleaded guilty and has been bailed to be sentenced at Bexley Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (February 20). 

Five men were arrested in The Anchor, but all have been released under investigation after being questioned on suspicion of false imprisonment.

Detective Chief Inspector James Stanyer said: "It is vital that we hear again from the original caller in this case.

Officers, including armed police, rightly deployed urgently to the area following her phone call, and this has resulted in a number of searches and seven people being arrested.

"Whatever the circumstances of the call, it is important that this female calls police again as soon as possible."

Police are not confirming any further details about searches or any items found.

Scotland Yard appealed for information about the woman allegedly being held captive, and called in particular for the woman who reported the situation from a phone box in Morden Hill to come forward.

Met Police officers are being investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) after the shooting

The IOPC confirmed it had launched an investigation into the "non-fatal shooting".