A cancer patient has become the second lone woman in a week to have her car hijacked in Eltham.

Just last week a pregnant woman had her BMW hijacked by men pretending to be policemen.

Now the latest incident is doubly devastating for Jacquie Howell as her grandmother's ashes were in her vehicle when it was stolen.

Jacquie, 54, had stopped in Glenesk Road near Eltham Park South on her way to a doctor's appointment around midday on January 21 when a man knocked on her window.

She told News Shopper: “I was on my phone when a man started knocking on my window, he just kept knocking so I wound the window down. He said that I had an oil leak at the back of the car.

“I just assumed he was a dog walker, there wasn’t any reason to think that anything was wrong.”

The man kept persisting until Jacquie got out of the car, and luckily she had her phone and purse on her.

READ MORE: Pregnant woman's had her BMW hijacked by bogus police officers in Eltham

Jacquie said: “It sounds quite sentimental but Eltham Park South has always felt like a safe place for me and now I just feel stupid.”

News Shopper:

Jacquie reached the back of the car and a man came running across the road, got in her car and drove off, then the man who had distracted her drove off in a separate vehicle.

She said: “My grandma’s ashes were in the car. I had been scattering them at the weekend. I just want the car back. I was caught off-guard.

“I am normally quite a sensible person but I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Jacquie has just moved back to Eltham to be closer to her children, after living in Beckenham.

“As a community we need to come together to let these people know that we are vigilant and that they are not welcome here.

“I grew up in Eltham, and these guys are obviously professionals and they are not going to stop, unless we do something.”

Jacquie’s car was a red VW Golf that she had replaced her old car with because she didn’t want to be reminded of the time she was diagnosed.

She is now asking anyone in Glenesk Road who might have seen anything or has CCTV or dashcam footage to come forward.

She said: “The police said there was no evidence so closed my case after just four hours, so I am hoping people on Glenesk will be able to help.”

The Met Police have been contacted for comment.