A disabled Thamesmead woman was "flabbergasted" after coming home to find police had falsely raided her home, believing it to be a drug dealer's hideout.

Lynne Clucas, 62, had returned home to Northwood Place after a hospital appointment when walking up her driveway she saw her front door was swinging wide open, with glass scattered on the outside pavement.

She said: "I was walking up the path thinking that we may have been broken into.

"There was glass all over the place and the door was kicked in. I was absolutely astounded."

She soon discovered her home, which she shares with her mentally-ill brother, had become the subject of a thorough police raid.

When she went inside an officer told her police had received intelligence that her address was allegedly once used by a drug dealer in their custody.

"I said to him, 'there’s no intelligence, that’s not the word'.

"I had come back in a wheelchair. I find it funny that somebody in a wheelchair and 5ft 2 is apparently some big bad criminal," she said.

After she asked what police were going to do about her damaged door, Ms Clucas said an officer handed her a reference number and told her to call her landlord, much to her displeasure.

"I find it hilarious that they gave me a crime number when they committed the crime. They didn't even leave me any contact details with the CAD number.

"They think that they're little gods who can walk all over people," she said.

Ms Clucas said the ordeal has caused her and her brother, tremendous stress as she explained their combined illnesses already make them more vulnerable than the average resident.

"I've had two bouts of lung cancer and in 2014, they operated on me and took out a lobe of my lung.

"My brother suffers with mental illnesses and his anxiety went shooting up to the sky after the whole thing," she said.

Luckily, Ms Clucas' landlord sent somebody out on the day to secure the door for the pair. However, she was told she will have to wait until February 5 for a full repair and lock change.

She has since lodged a formal complaint with the Met over the incident, to which they have told her they have launched an investigation into the matter.

A spokesman for the Met confirmed officers carried out a negative search at the property on January 2.