There has been an increase in youngsters drinking dangerous 'purple drank'.

Strong cough medicine such as codeine and energy drinks are mixed together to create the possibly lethal concoction.

A school in Exeter has even sent out an official warning due to the amount of children found drinking it.

Musician Mac Miller, who recently died of a suspected overdose, was reportedly addicted to the drink.

This mix can cause euphoria, disassociation, slurred speech and lethargy.

It has been popularised by rappers who mention it in their music.

If someone you know becomes ill or unconscious after drinking something similar you should call 999 immediately as they may have overdosed.