A pair of thugs who cornered and stabbed a teenager in front of 50 people inside a McDonald's restaurant have been jailed.

Aiden St Louis and Mohammed Gedi attacked the 18-year-old victim in July, leaving him with lasting damage.

Maidstone Crown Court heard that at 3.45am on Sunday July 16 St Louis and Gedi chased the victim into the McDonald’s restaurant in New Road, Gravesend.

St Louis was carrying a knife and both men pushed security door staff out of the way to gain entry to the premises.

Once inside the offenders cornered the victim in front of customers and began attacking him.

The victim tried to defend himself with a child’s high chair but was stabbed multiple times.

Security staff intervened, causing Gedi to run away, however St Louis continued the attack before also fleeing the scene.

The victim sustained serious injuries to his head, both arms and leg, and a knife blade had been left in his leg.

He needed surgery on his arm and has been left with lasting damage and scarring.

A police spokesman said the incident was captured on CCTV and also a mobile phone. This footage was later uploaded to social media.

Detective Constable Peter Frampton, the investigating officer for this case, said: "This was a sustained and incredibly violent attack and the offenders were not deterred by the number of witnesses present.

"It was a terrifying ordeal for the victim, who needed surgery on his wounds, and also for the other 40-50 people who were in the restaurant at the time.

"Their behaviour was entirely inexcusable and they have shown that, by carrying out such a brazen and aggressive attack, they are a very real threat to other members of the public."

St Louis admitted one count of wounding with intent and having an offensive weapon while Gedi was found guilty by a jury of wounding with intent following a trial.

They were both sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on March 5.

St Louis, 19, from Margate, was sentenced to six-and-a-half years in prison and must serve an additional three years on licence as part of an extended sentence.

Gedi, 21, from Chingford, was sentenced to seven years.