Lee Gregory scored his second goal in as many Championship games as Millwall fought back from a goal down to make it ten unbeaten at the Den.

Cardiff took the lead three minutes in through Junior Hoilett, but five minutes before half-time Gregory expertly fired home for 1-1.

The Lions had chances to win it in the second-half but were denied by an impressive Neil Etheridge in the City goal.

Neil Harris made three changes from his sides 2-0 win at Reading last Saturday as Mahlon Romeo replaced Conor McLaughlin, Ryan Tunnicliffe started in place of Shaun Williams in midfield and Ben Marshall made his debut for the Lions on the left as Fred Onyedinma dropped out.

Tim Cahill was named on the bench for the first time since his return.

The visitors started brightly and took the lead on three minutes. Romeo was caught napping by Hoilett and the Cardiff man took full advantage by advancing to the edge of the box before firing home into the bottom left-hand corner.

Millwall struggled to get a foothold on the game in the opening 20 minutes and were forced to defend four consecutive corners to keep the score at 1-0.

Moments after, the Lions came within a whisker of equalising as Steve Morison crashed the bar after taking the ball down on his chest from Marshall’s cross.

Morison then had two even better chances, but on both occasions, he could only fire straight at Etheridge.

Once the Harris’ side settled down, they started to dominate the ball and take control of the game, and Lee Gregory came within inches of giving his side a deserved leveller - but he fired wide from 25 yards after creating space for himself.

Gregory didn’t have to wait long for his seventh goal of the season, though, as just seconds later Morison found Jed Wallace on the right, who crossed for him to smash home high into the roof of the net from 12 yards.

The Lions started the second-half exactly how they ended the first and almost took the lead on 49 minutes, but Joe Bennett managed to get a crucial intervention to Gregory’s cross, with Wallace waiting to slot home.

Millwall continued to pile on the pressure and Etheridge had to be alert to deny Marshall’s deflected effort from 18 yards after he cut in on his right foot.

Wallace had a low strike saved by Etheridge and George Saville cleared Callum Paterson’s header off the line at the other end as both sides searched for a winner.

Defender Sol Bamba thought he had put Cardiff ahead nine minutes from time as he acrobatically netted from close-range, but referee Keith Stroud had already blown for a foul on Bennett and Millwall survived.

Cahill came on for the final few minutes to a rapturous reception at The Den, but it was the visitors that came closest to a winner, but Paterson could only blaze wide with the goal gaping.