A teenager who was killed after being stabbed in a Penge park had told his parents he wanted to move away because he thought the area was “dangerous” just days before.

Michael Jonas had only just turned 17 when he was found in Betts Park with multiple stab wounds on November 2.

Police attempted emergency first aid on the teenager but they couldn’t save him and he was pronounced dead just after 8.15pm.

It was the same park where Michael had grown up and had learnt to ride his bike.

Mike Jonas, Michael’s dad, said: “That park is his back yard, so close to where he was born. That’s the park we would have taken him and his sister - that’s where he would ride his bike.

“The last time I spoke to Michael he said he doesn’t want to be in Penge anymore."

Mr Jonas said Michael told him he thought it was 'dangerous'.

“He was the kind of boy that if a fight started he would be the one who would tell the other boys to stop.

“He was in no gang, and he was no gangster. He was supportive and loved by everyone around here - everyone loved Michael.”

Michael spent his whole life in Penge, going to nearby James Dixon Primary School and fixing the bikes of his friends.

His dad said: “He loved to fix things like mechanical stuff, cars, bikes, phones he could fix everything. He was a future mechanic.”

When he went to Harris Academy in Beckenham for secondary school, he used to play the drums alongside his younger sister for school football matches.

Now though he leaves behind three brothers and two sisters who still live near the park where their brother was killed.

Mike said: “I was on my way coming out here when this was unfolding, I only got the phone call when I was on the bus.

“What we are experiencing now is terrible.

“People should start feeling free to inform the police that they see someone carrying a knife.”

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Metropolitan Police incident room on 020 8721 4622, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

A 16-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of murder on Saturday has since been released with no further action. 

Two other teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of murder, police said today (Tuesday).