A father claims his four-year-old daughter "choked on a claw" found in a supermarket chicken nugget.

Glenn King, 43, said his daughter had asked for chicken nuggets for dinner last Wednesday, October 18.

He said he cooked a batch of frozen Tesco's own brand chicken nuggets that his wife had bought earlier that week.

Mr King, of Dartford Road, said: "She normally cuts them up but they were small, so she ate it whole.

"She really started coughing and chocking, really badly. She was properly choking, so I started sort of tapping and hitting her on the back. Then this thing came out.

"It looks like it is a claw. The bag says the nuggets may contain bones, but this is more like a claw. It's about the size of the chicken nugget.

"It was really scary. I was scared, and she didn't really say much for the rest of the evening. She's only four-years-old, it was properly scary. It was a bout a centimetre big.

"Her throat hurt for a while after that, but I think she'll still eat nuggets. What kid doesn't like nuggets.

"My wife accidentally bought them again this week and I said we're not having those ones!"

A Tesco spokesman said they would look into what happened.

A Tesco spokesman said: “We are very sorry to hear of this incident and would encourage Glenn to return the product packaging to store so that we can investigate urgently with our supplier.”