Three people, including a 13-year-old girl, have been found guilty after a “brutal” hate attack against two Muslim women in Eltham.

The trio, and another woman who has yet to be identified, punched the Muslim mum and daughter in the face, pulled their hair, and tried to rip off the mum’s headscarf.

They only stopped and fled once a passing ambulance was flagged down and the crew went to help the panicked pair.

Paul Anderson, 37, of Sevenoaks Road near Brockley, Joanna Farrer, 38, of William Barefoot Drive, Eltham, and a girl aged 13 were found guilty of religiously aggravated assault.

The 41-year-old mum was wearing traditional Muslim dress, including a pink hijab and a long black Abaya, when they were attacked.

The 23-year-old daughter was driving to meet her mum when the racist young girl, who was with a boy, walked in front of her car then gesticulated and swore at the driver.

When she saw the Muslim mother and daughter later on Eltham Hill, the youngster started racially abusing and swearing at the mum.

When the daughter tried to advise her that where she had chosen to cross the road was unsafe, the youngster kicked her in the stomach, pulled her hair, ripped her clothes and punched them in the face.

The girl then returned with Anderson, Farrer, and the unidentified woman, and they proceeded to brutally attack the victims.

A taxi driver witnessed the assault, helped police identify the attackers and they were arrested 10 days later.

Following a two-week trial at Woolwich Crown Court, they were found guilty yesterday, April 11, of religiously aggravated actual bodily harm.

Anderson was jailed for three years and four months and ordered to pay £2,000 compensation to the victims. Farrer will be sentenced on April 21, while the girl will be sentenced at Bromley Youth Court on a date to be set.

Detective Inspector Melanie Pressley, of Greenwich community safety unit, said: “This was a brutal and completely unnecessary attack on two Muslim women who were racially abused and then assaulted.

“I have no doubt the attack would have continued had it not been for the passing ambulance one of the victims was able to flag down.

“The victims were left terrified by what happened and lived in fear they would be targeted again. [The daughter] was too afraid to leave her house for some time.

“I am delighted we have been able to secure these convictions due to an excellent investigation by Detective Constable Nwosu and show that hate crime will not be tolerated in our community and we will seek out and bring offenders before the courts.

“It is shocking that the instigator of this attack was just 12 years old and I hope having a conviction to her name at such a young age will be a wake-up call and encourage her to change her ways.”