Three men have been jailed today for their involvement in a gang fight described as a “scene of carnage” which led to the death of a teenage boy.

Nassem Galleze, 17, from Roundtable Road in Grove Park, died from multiple injuries after the car he was travelling in, as a passenger in the back-seat, was hit by a lump of concrete and ploughed into a lamppost in St Norbert Road, Brockley, on September 26 last year.

He was taken to a south London hospital where he died later that day.

Woolwich Crown Court heard how Nassem and his friend Tershan Thompson-Williams, 22, were in a rival gang to Shiloh Moore and his brother Remi Moore and were driving into their turf when the altercation started.

The crashed Vauxhall Corsa was still surrounded by fighting youths when police arrived, the court heard.

News Shopper:

The Vauxhall Corsa crashed after a concrete block was thrown at it

Of Thompson-Williams, Judge Paul Lawton said: “Onlookers said a male with a large afro was standing next to the crash site with injuries.

“He had been in the vehicle at the time of the collision and was in possession of a large machete.

“CCTV shows him brandishing the machete.”

Thompson-Williams also admitted possession of a lock knife, which he hid in a bush.


Judge Lawton told the court: “This is an extremely serious crime, to take weapons to the turf of a rival gang knowing what may ultimately manifest itself on that rival turf.”

Thompson-Williams pleaded guilty to two counts of possession of a bladed article - the machete and the lock knife.

News Shopper:

Tershan Thompson-Williams was in the same gang as Nassem

He was handed a concurrent sentence of two years and 8 months.

Shiloh Moore, 22, pleaded guilty to violent disorder, for which he was sentenced to three years and four months, and threatening a person with an offensive weapon, for which he received no separate penalty.

Remi Moore, 23, pleaded guilty to violent disorder and was jailed for three years and four months.

Police are hunting the person responsible for throwing the concrete block.

Sentencing the Moore brothers, Judge Lawton said: “Of course I accept that neither of you threw the brick, but you were both in possession of weapons.

News Shopper:

Shiloh Moore

“You have to look at overall harm as well as individual involvement.

“It was lawlessness by the gangs involved.

“I have seen positive aspects of your characters but this was at the top end of the spectrum for violent disorder.”

Nassem’s mother Maxine Galleze, 42, stormed out of the court after the sentencing.

She told News Shopper: “I think they [Shiloh and Remi Moore] should have been done for murder.

“They just got a slap on the wrist and that’s it – only three years and then there’s time served and good behaviour and the rest.

News Shopper:

Remi Moore

“Those boys will get out and do it to someone else.

“I told my children if you do crime, be willing to pay time.

“I think the justice system is c***.

“If I went out and killed somebody, I would be jailed.”

News Shopper:

Nassem Galleze was 17 years old

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: "Nassem's death was gang-related and remains under investigation.

"We are pleased we have been able to hold to account some of those involved that day. Their reckless actions had tragic consequences and Nassem's family remain devastated by what happened.

"Our enquiries continue to identify the person who threw the concrete block and we would appeal for anyone with information, no matter how small, to contact us in confidence. As can been seen from today's convictions, we are determined to seek out and bring to justice all those who took part in this dreadful incident."

A 20 year-old man was arrested on 27 September last year on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and next returns on bail on a date in May.

Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.