The mother of a young man gunned down in New Cross said she cannot move on years after her son’s unsolved murder.

Nathan Williams, who studied business at Greenwich University, was 24 when he was shot dead in Ludwick Mews on July 28 2009.

The father-of-one was doing a three point turn in a VW Golf at about 1.30am, after driving to pick his girlfriend up.

He was shot several times through the window with a shotgun and a handgun, and was rushed to Kings College Hospital where he later died.

Witnesses suggest at least four people may have been involved in the murder.

Over the years police have spoken to around 100 people and arrested two 25-year-old men, but both were released without further action.

His mother, Anna-Maria Williams, said: “It’s very difficult six years along the line feeling that we haven’t got much further than day one. It’s very sad.

“There’s no reason why Nathan should have been killed in such a way. He was a nice, good guy, he was at university and had lots of friends.

News Shopper:

Nathan Williams

“His son was two, now he’s eight. It’s difficult every day looking at him and trying to explain why his father’s not here.”

The 47-year-old, from Kennington, added: “It’s extremely important to me to get justice to move on. I haven’t even put a headstone on his grave as that would feel like closure.

“I think about it every day, it’s become my life. It doesn’t get any easier. I’m living to hear that we have got justice.

“I hope people find it in their hearts to come forward.”

A £20,000 reward still stands for anyone who can provide information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the murderer(s).

Detective Inspector Peter Hine, who is leading the investigation, said: “It is now six years since Nathan was senselessly murdered and his devastated family are still waiting for justice.

News Shopper:

flower tributes were left at the scene 

“This was an extremely violent crime and two firearms were used in the attack. People appear to have been lying in wait for him or for someone else.

“We’re not sure if it was him who was meant to be targeted, it could be a case of mistaken identity.

“It’s frustrating for the police but for the family it’s completely devastating.”

His mother will be joining officers handing out leaflets at the scene of the crime later today (July 28). 

Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room on 020 8785 8267; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.