WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES MITCHAM LANE, WESTCOTE ROAD AND THRALE ROADNotice ID: SUT1076335
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES MITCHAM LANE, WESTCOTE ROAD AND THRALE ROAD
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth, on the 18th March 2019 made an Order to facilitate highways and resurfacing works,
the effect of which will be to introduce temporary road closures in Mitcham Lane, Thrale Road and Westcote Road.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) in:
(a) Dr Johnson Avenue;
(b) Mitcham Lane, between its junction with Eardley Road and Westcote Road;
(c) Thrale Road, between its junction with Mitcham Lane and the party wall of Nos. 3 and 5 Thrale Road; and
(d) Westcote Road, between its junction with Mitcham Lane and the south-eastern wall of No. 115 Westcote Road.
3. Whilst the works take place, the one-way workings in Thrale Road and Westcote Road will be suspended.
4. The Order will come into effect on 26th March 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
Dated 22nd March 2019