ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PROHIBITIONS OF TRAFFIC - THESSALY ROADNotice ID: SUT1065900
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PROHIBITIONS OF TRAFFIC - THESSALY ROAD
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate works in connection with the Thessaly Road Rail Over Bridge enhancements ("the works") they intend to make an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce temporary prohibitions of traffic in Thessaly Road.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) in Thessaly Road between Ascalon Street and approximately 100 metres south-east of that junction.
3. Whilst the Order remains in force, alternative routes for vehicles (if available) will be indicated by traffic signs. Local access will be maintained whenever possible.
4. The Order will come into effect on 1st April 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
7. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
Dated 15th March 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive