UPCOMING CROYDON COUNCIL CONSULTATIONSNotice ID: SUT0768038
UPCOMING CROYDON COUNCIL CONSULTATIONS
There are two upcoming consultations on two separate documents which form part of the Local Development Framework. Consultations on both documents will run from Monday 3rd September until Monday 15th October 2018.
1. Suburban Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD2)
The draft Suburban Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD2) provides guidance for suburban residential developments, development in Areas of Focussed Intensification and extensions and alterations to existing homes across the borough. It is a Supplementary Planning Document to the Croydon Local Plan 2018 and is intended to assist in the delivery of around 10,000 homes in these locations of the boroughs housing target of 32,890 new homes by 2036.
The document provides technical design guidance that seeks to both limit any negative impact on places, including the amenity of existing residents, and frame opportunities where increased densities can enhance places and bring benefits to communities.
As per the requirements of Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, the Council is undertaking formal consultation on SPD2 and will seek representations on the draft document.
Community engagement sessions will be held across the borough to engage residents, businesses, developers and interested parties on the draft SPD2 which you are invited to attend. Details of these consultation sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday 18th September, 4pm - 8pm, Addington Community Centre, 90 Central Parade, New Addington, CR0 0JB
- Thursday 20th September, 4pm - 8pm, Upper Norwood Library Hub, Westow Hill, London, SE19 1TJ
- Tuesday 25th September, 4pm - 8pm, Kenley Hall, 92 Godstone Road, Kenley, CR8 5AB
- Saturday 29th September, 10am - 2pm, Purley Library, Banstead Road, Purley, CR8 3YH
- Tuesday 2nd October, 4pm - 8pm, Christchurch Methodist Hall Addiscombe, 114 Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 6AD
- Thursday 4th October, 4pm - 8pm, Selsdon Community Centre for the retired, 132 Addington Road, Selsdon, CR2 8LA
- Tuesday 9th October, 4pm - 8pm, Shirley Community Centre, 28 Shrublands Avenue, Croydon, CR0 8JA
2. Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The revised Statement of Community Involvement details about how the Council will engage with local and statutory stakeholders, both in preparing planning documents, and in carrying out development management functions. It must also set out how the Council will provide advice or assistance on the preparation and adoption of Neighbourhood Plans.
The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 have introduced (as of 6th April 2018) a requirement to review Statements of Community Involvement within five years of the adoption of the last statement. Croydon's Statement of Community Involvement was adopted on the 15th October 2012 and therefore a review of the Statement of Community Involvement is required and appropriate as the Croydon Local Plan has now been adopted.
Viewing the documents and making a Representation
You are invited to view the draft Suburban Design Guide Supplementary Document (SPD2)
as well as the revised Statement of Community Involvement. The documents are available to view:
? By downloading from the Council's website:
- At the borough's libraries (during normal opening hours)
- At Bernard Weatherill House (Access Croydon), Mint Walk, Croydon, 9am-4pm (Monday to Friday)
- Alternative formats of the document are available on request at LDF@croydon.gov.uk or 020 8407 1385.
Representation forms are also available at these locations. Please note that if you wish to make a representation on both documents, a separate representation form must be submitted for each document.
You can make a representation by:
- Emailing a completed representation form to LDF@croydon.gov.uk
- Or by posting it to Spatial Planning Service, 6th Floor Zone B, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CRO 1EA.
Any representations received before 3 September or after 15 October 2018 will not be accepted. Any representation must include a name and either an e-mail or postal address all of which must be legible in order to be accepted by the Council as duly made.
Croydon Council will acknowledge receipt of your representation(s) as soon as possible. Please note that representations are not confidential, including your name and organisation and will be made publicly available. The addresses and contact details of representations from individuals will not be published on the website or any other public place. A copy of the Council's Privacy Notice can be found on our website and at the back of the representation form. You are advised to keep a copy of the representation(s) you submit.
For enquiries or further information: email LDF@croydon.gov.uk or call us on 020 8407 1385.