ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0665588
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A23 GLA ROAD (PURLEY WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING AND SUSPENSION OF BUS LANE) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable survey works to take place on A23 Purley Way
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) stopping on A23 Purley Way between its junctions with Queensway, Stafford Road and Denning Avenue hereafter referred as Fiveways Corner;
(2) turning right into or out of the southbound and northbound carriageways of A23 Purley Way between its junctions with Stafford Road and Queensway Queensway.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 23rd June 2018 and 23rd August 2018 Monday to Friday each night from 10:00 PM to 05:00 AM (The works will cease at 05:00 AM on every Friday) or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs. This Order also permits all vehicles to use the northbound bus lane on A23 Purley Way between its junction with Queensway and Fiveways Corner.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 13th day of June 2018 Gerard OToo/e Network Regulation Manager, Transport for London
TRANSPORT mayor of london