SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: WAT0656260
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE AND NO WAITING AND NO LOADING RESTRICTIONS - THOMSON ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order shall be cited as The Harrow (Thomson Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational on 12th June 2018 and shall remain in effect until 30th September 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 20th June 2018.
2. Vehicles shall temporarily be prohibited from entering or exiting Thomson Road between its junction with Grant Road and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 2 & 4 Thomson Road
3. Vehicles shall temporarily be prohibited from waiting and loading on Thomson Road;
(a) east side - between its junction with Grant Road and a point 16.00 metres north of that point;
(b) west side - between its junction with Grant Road and a point 32.00 metres north of that point.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs
in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route via Grant Road, Stirling Road and Locket Road and vice versa.
Dated 7th June 2018
Head of Parking & Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA