ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) CLYDE ROAD, WALLINGTONNotice ID: SUT0648091
London Borough of Sutton
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) CLYDE ROAD, WALLINGTON
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas main replacement works and because works are being executed on or near the road it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Tuesday 25 June 2018 with works expected to take 6 weeks to complete working Monday to Friday between 07.30am to 6.00pm and Saturday 08.00am to 2.00pm. However, the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Clyde Road between its junctions with Carew Road and Stafford Road temporarily:-
? prohibit all vehicular traffic; and
? introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time'.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be via Stafford Road, Demesne Road Carew Road and vice versa.
5. Any vehicle that is in contravention of the temporary waiting & loading restrictions at a time when these restrictions apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 31 May 2018
Assistant Director of Environment, Housing
& Regeneration (Safer & Stronger Communities).