LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT0626895
London Borough of Sutton
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas main works and because the works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 11 June 2018, with works expected to take 12 weeks to complete working Monday to Friday 8.00am to 7.00pm. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily close:-
N7 0DY at its junction with Stanley Park Road; and ' Merebank Lane at its junction with Stafford Road.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the road closures are in force will be for:-
Dalmeny Road, Carshalton via Stanley Park Road, Windborough Road, Brambledown Road and vice versa; and
Merebank Lane via Stafford Road, The Chase, Capel Avenue, Godalming Avenue and vice versa.
Please note that not all of the closures will take place at the same time.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 17 May 2018 Warren Shadbolt
Assistant Director of Environment, Housing & Regeneration (Safer & Stronger Communities)