Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of town or village green at: Central Parade New Addington Croydon TOWN OR VILLAGE GREEN VG No.0901Notice ID: SUT0445135
Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of town or village green at: Central Parade New Addington Croydon TOWN OR VILLAGE GREEN VG No.0901
1. The London Borough of Croydon has applied to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs under section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 for land forming part of the above-mentioned registered town or village green (the "release land") to cease to be so registered. The Planning Inspectorate will decide the application on behalf of the Secretary of State.
2. The purpose of this application is to enable works for the redevelopment of the former library building adjacent to the town or village green ("the Green") and specifically, to create a safe and secured path for construction vehicles to access the development site (the former library building) in order to protect the public and users of the Green whilst works proceed. The vehicle access route will be protected by hoardings on either side to ensure the safety of the public and allow continued enjoyment of the remainder of the Green. The vehicle access route will be required throughout the construction period, estimated to be 16 months, following which the release land will be re-turfed to keep it consistent with the surrounding Green and the public will be permitted to use it. As part of the deregistration and exchange proposals, the boundary of the car park would be adjusted and the replacement land would be turfed and incorporated in the Green.
3. It is proposed that land (the "replacement land") be registered as a town or village green in place of the release land.
4. The release land is described in the First Schedule to this notice, and the replacement land is described in the Second Schedule.
5. A copy of the application form and accompanying documents can be inspected at Bernard Weatherill House, Access Croydon, 8 Mint Walk, CRO 1EA between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday until 14/09/2018, please speak to the host upon arrival to direct you to the location of the application. The application form will also be available on the following website: www.Croydon.gov.uk. A copy of the application may be obtained by writing to Aisha Elhouderi, Bernard Weatherill House, 3rd Floor Zone D, 8 Mint Walk, CRO 1EA.
6. Any representations in respect of the proposed deregistration and exchange should be sent in writing ON or BEFORE that date to: Common Land Team, The Planning Inspectorate, 3F Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PNorcommonlandcasework@ pins.gsi.gov.uk.
7. Representations sent to The Planning Inspectorate cannot be treated as confidential. They will be copied to the applicanl and possibly to other interested parties.
(The release Land)
The proposed release land comprises an area of 53.2 square metres. It has a width of 4.0 metres and a length of 13.3 metres. It runs between the former library building and a car park opposite the former library building. The location of the proposed release land is shown edged in red on the map which can be inspected at the address and times given in paragraph 5 above.
(The replacement land)
The proposed replacement land comprises an area of 60 square metres. It has a width of 1.9 metres and a length of 31.6 metres. II sits beside the Green and currently forms part of a car park close to the release land. The location of the proposed replacement land is shown edged in green on the map which can be inspected at the address and times given in paragraph 5 above.
Stephen Wingrave Head of Estate and Asset Management CROYDON www.croydon.gov.uk