ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0373000
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (BALHAM HIGH ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London in consultation with the London Borough of Wandsworth hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing works to take place on Balham High Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) stopping on A24 Balham High Road between its junctions with Tooting Bee Road and Bedford Hill;
(2) stopping on Marius Road between its junctions with Upper Tooting Park and Balham High Road;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on A24 Balham High Road/ Upper Tooting Road in a northerly direction between its junctions with Fircroft Road and Bedford Hill;
(4) entering, exiting or proceeding on A24 Balham High Road/ Upper Tooting Road in a southerly direction between its junctions with Fircroft Road and Bedford Hill;
(5) entering, exiting or proceeding in a southerly direction on Clapham Common South Side, Balham Hill, Balham High Road between their junctions with Cavendish Road and Bedford Hill, local access will be maintained;
(6) entering, exiting or proceeding in a northerly direction on Tooting High Street, Upper Tooting Road between their junctions with Mitcham Road and Fircroft Road, local access will be maintained;
(7) turning left from Chetwode Road into Trinity Road; This Order will also:
(8) suspend the one way operation of Ravenstone Street and Oakmead Road allowing two way operation.
The Order will be effective at between 7:00 AM on 20th November 2017 until 7:00 PM on 23rd March 2018. Articles 3(1) to 3(2) will occur between 7:00 AM on 20th November 2017 until 7:00 PM on 23rd March 2018 and Articles 3(3) to 3(8) will only occur every Sunday to Thursday night 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM, ending 5:00 AM Friday morning) or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. For vehicles travelling northbound on A24 from Tooting Broadway via Garratt Lane, Burntwood Lane, Bellevue Road and Nightingale Lane to normal route of travel. For vehicles travelling southbound on A24 from Clapham via Nightingale Lane, Bellevue Road, Burntwood Lane and Garratt Lane onto normal route of travel or via Cavendish Road, Poynders Road, Atkins Road, Streatham Place, Streatham Hill, Streatham High Road, Mitcham Lane, Southcroft Road, Amen Corner, Mitcham Road, onto normal route of travel
Dated this 16th day of November 2017 Glynn Barton
Director of Network Management,
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON I