THE CROYDON (PRESCRIBED ROUTES) (NO.2) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017Notice ID: SUT0338515
CROYDON COUNCIL EXPERIMENTAL PEDESTRIANISATION AND RELATED AMENDMENTS TO ONE-WAY WORKING, BUS LANES, TAXI RANKS, LOADING BAYS AND MOTORCYCLE PARKING - HIGH STREET, CROYDON, PARK LANE, PARK STREET AND ST GEORGE'S WALK
THE CROYDON (PRESCRIBED ROUTES) (NO.2) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017 THE CROYDON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (No.1) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017 THE CROYDON (BUS AND TRAM PRIORITY) (No.1) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017 THE CROYDON (PROHIBITION OF STOPPING ON CAB
RANKS) (No.1) EXPERIMENTAL ORDER 2017 THE CROYDON (CENTRAL) (PARKING PLACES) (No. 1)
EXPERIMENTALTRAFFIC ORDER 2017 THE CROYDON (GOODS VEHICLES) (FREE PARKING PLACES) (No.1) EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDER 2017
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the London Borough of Croydon ?n the 16 October 2017 made the above mentioned Orders under Section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act, 1985.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to introduce the following measures on an experimental basis: -
* to introduce a pedestrianised area and prohibit any motorised vehicle entering the High Street, Croydon, between its junctions with Katharine Street and Park Street;
* to revoke the bus lane on Park Street;
* to amend the existing one-way working in Park Street (between High Street, Croydon and St George's Walk) to operate from south-west to north-east and to introduce two-way working in the remainder of Park Street (between Park Lane and St George's Walk) with mandatory turns at the junction with St George's Walk;
* to relocate the existing solo motorcycle bay in St George's Walk from its current position adjacent to the junction with Katharine Street to the flank wall of Nos 28 to 30 St George's Walk;
* to revoke the existing taxi ranks in High Street, Croydon (between Katharine Street and Park Street) and introduce two new taxi ranks on the north side of Park Street, adjacent to the flank wall of Nos. 7 to 11 High Street and outside Nos. 3 to 7 Park Street;
* to revoke and enlarge the existing loading bay/taxi rank outside Nos. 3 to 7 Park Street and relocate it to the opposite side of the road between the junction with St George's Walk and No. 14 Park Street;
* to revoke the 5 pay and display only bays in the Park Lane slip road either side of the entrance to Smith's Yard and replace them with bus stands.
* Note: the above scheme will also include the amendment of bus stops and stands within Park Street.
3. Copies of the Orders, which will come into operation on 30 October 2017, and of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing the scheme and of the plans which indicate the lengths of road to which the scheme relates, can be inspected from 9am to 4pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the last day of a period of 18 months beginning with the date on which the Orders were made at the "Access Croydon" Facility, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA. Further information may be obtained by telephoning the Place Department, Croydon Council on 020 8726 7100.
4. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made there under have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks of the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
5. The Council will be considering in due course whether the provisions of the experimental Orders should be continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders made under section 6 of The Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984, as amended, and all other enabling powers. Any person may object to the making of the Orders for the purpose of such indefinite continuation within a period of six months beginning with the day on which the experimental Orders come into force or, if the Orders are varied by other Orders or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the day on which the variation or modification or the latest variation or modification came into force. Any such objection must be in writing, quoting the reference PD/CH/B33-B36b, must state the grounds on which it is made and be sent to the Order Making Section, Parking Design Team, Place Department, Croydon Council, 6th Floor, Zone C, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk Croydon CR0 1 EA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated this 18 October 2017
Mike Barton, Highway Improvement Manager Place Department