ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0239830
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A23 GLA ROAD (THORNTON ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable sewer repair works to take place on certain sections of A23 Thornton Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from stopping on Thornton Road between its junction with Cecil Road and the extended common boundary of Nos. 339 and 341 Thornton Road. The Order will be effective at certain times from 7:00 AM on the 24th July 2017 until 7:00 PM on the 3rd August 2017 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) Any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) Anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 19th day of July 2017
Mufu Durowoju, Network Impact Management Team Manager, Road Space Management - Operations, Transport for London Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ