LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2306944
London Borough of Sutton
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Order on 10 January 2022 under sections 6, of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 19841, as amended -The Sutton (Traffic Restriction) (Pedestrian and Cycle Zones) (No. 1) (Amendment No. 2) Traffic Order 2022;
2. The general effect of the Order will make certain changes to the existing Permit Holder Eligibility for the associated school streets mentioned in the schedule to this Notice, to include eligibility to obtain a permit for the following properties:-
- Nos 1 and 3 Alma Road and Gale House, Alma Road; and
- Nos 2 to 16 (evens) Chatsworth Road.
3. All motor vehicles except permit holders would be prohibited from entering the pedestrian and cycle zones during their hours of operation. Permits allowing vehicles to enter a pedestrian and cycle zone would be available to residents and those caring for residents, of premises located within or only accessible from the pedestrian and cycle zones, by application to the Council.
4. Residents would be limited to having three such permits at any one time per household, and a maximum of two permits for use by their carers.
5. A copy of the Order, which will come into force on 17 January 2022 and the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Order may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday.
6. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or of any of its provisions on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport Dated: 13 January 2022
(3) Hours of operation
Cheam Fields Primary Academy
Stoughton Avenue; Unnamed access road adjacent to No. 80 Stoughton Avenue
between 8.15am and 9.00am and between 2.45pm and 3.45pm on Monday to Friday inclusive
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls and St. Mary's Catholic Junior School
Alma Road; Shorts Road
between 7.50am and 8.30am and between 2.45pm and 3.30pm on Monday to Friday inclusive