LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT2266906
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate water main laying works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below
2. The Order will come into effect on Sunday 12th December 2021 with works expected to take 3 months to complete, however the Order will remain in force for 10 months should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting The Warren.
Please note: - the works will be carried out in phases and the diversion route will depend on where the prohibition is in place.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be either via:-
- (B278) Woodmansterne Road, Beeches Walk, Banstead Road South, or;
- Banstead Road South, West Way, Pine Walk and vice versa
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport.
Dated: 25 November 2021