LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2227627
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Order under sections 6, and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 19841, as amended -
The Sutton (Traffic Restriction) (Pedestrian and Cycle Zones) (No. *) (Amendment No.*)Traffic Order 2021*;
2. The general effect of the Order would be to make certain changes to the existing Permit Holder Eligibility, to include eligibility to obtain a permit for the following properties:-
- Flats Nos 1-14 Carter House 229, and No. 231 Carshalton Road, Carshalton; and
- No. 1 Rotherfield Road, Carshalton.
3. All motor vehicles except permit holders would be prohibited from entering the pedestrian and cycle zones during their hours of operation. Permits allowing vehicles to enter a pedestrian and cycle zone would be available to residents and those caring for residents, of premises located within or only accessible from the pedestrian and cycle zones, by application to the Council.
4. Residents would be limited to having three such permits at any one time per household, and a maximum of two permits for use by their carers.
5. A copy of the proposed Order, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Order showing the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA. Copies can also be obtained by calling 020 8770 5000.
6. If you would like to make comments on the proposed Orders you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages www.sutton.gov.uk/ trafficpublicnotices under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "TR1109 Additions"
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 4 November 2021 please quote the following reference 'TR1109 Additions'
Group Manager - Highways and Transport
Dated: 14 October 2021
(3) Hours of operation
All Saints Carshalton Church of England Primary School
Rotherfield Road; Talbot Road, between Carshalton Place and Rotherfield Road
between 8.15am and 9.15am and between 2.45pm and 3.45pm on Monday to Friday inclusive
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls and St. Mary's Catholic Junior School
Alma Road; Shorts Road
between 7.50am and 8.30am and between 2.45pm and 3.30pm on Monday to Friday inclusive