ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2057592
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A22 GLA ROAD (GODSTONE ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) (No.2) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named, Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place at A22 Godstone Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering or exiting Foxley Hill Road at its junction with Godstone Road;
(2) entering or exiting St James Road at its junction with Godstone Road;
(3) entering or exiting Lower Road at its junction with Godstone Road;
(4) stopping on Godstone Road at its junction with Purley Road and the extension of the north western property line of No. 398 Godstone Road.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 8:00 AM on 16th April 2021 until 6:00 PM on 30th June 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs:(for Foxley Hill Road) via Olden Lane and Dale Road to normal route of travel, (for St James Road) via Downs Court Road to normal route of travel, (for Lower Road) via Little Roke Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 15th day of April 2021
Performance and Planning Manager (South)