Transport for London ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2003733
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A22 GLA ROAD (GODSTONE ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London in consultation with the London Borough of Croydon hereby gives notice that it has made the above named, Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place at A22 Godstone Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Godstone Road between its junctions with Hayes Lane and Old Barn Lane. Local Access will be maintained.
(2) stopping on Station Road between its Junctions with Godstone Road and Hayes Lane;
(3) stopping on Old Barn Lane between its junctions with Godstone Road and Bushey Close;
The Order also suspends the One-Way restriction on:
(4) Station Road between its junctions with Godstone Road and Purcell Close.
Works will be phased such that not all restrictions may apply at any one time.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 8:00 AM on 22nd February 2021 until 6:00 PM on 30th June 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs (for Godstone Road) via Brighton Road, Farthing Way, Brighton Road, M23 junction 7, M23, M25, M25 junction 6, Godstone Hill, Godstone Road, and Caterham Bypass on to normal route of travel (vice versa). (For Station Road) via Hayes Lane on to normal route of travel.
Dated this 18th day of February 2021
Performance & Planning Manager (South)
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON