ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A23 GLA ROAD (FARTHING WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT1968410
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A23 GLA ROAD (FARTHING WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on Farthing Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting, or proceeding in a northbound direction on Farthing Way between the A23 Brighton Road and the B2032 Brighton Road;
(2) entering, exiting or proceeding in a southbound direction on Farthing Way between the B2032 Brighton Road and the A23 Brighton Road;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on Pipers Road, between Farthing Way and a point 75 metres northwest of the junction with Farthing Way.
The Order will be effective each night from 9:00 PM on the 25th January 2021 until 5:00 AM on the 31 st March 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via the A237 Brighton Road and the B2032 Brighton Road or reverse and return to normal route of traffic.
Dated this 14th day of January 2021
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON