ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A232 GLA ROAD (CARSHALTON HIGH STREET, LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT1954433
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A232 GLA ROAD (CARSHALTON HIGH STREET, LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on the A232 Carshalton High Street.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering, exiting or proceeding on:
(1) Pound Street between Carshalton Park Road and Carshalton High Street;
(2) High Street between Pound Street and Acre Lane;
(3) Acre Lane between High Street and Manor Road;
(4) North Street between Mill Lane and High Street;
(5) The Square between Brookside and High Street. Local access will be maintained.
The Order will be effective each night between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM from 11th January 2021 until the 31 st March 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of;
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Manor Road, Woodcote Road, Stanley Park Road, Little Woodcote Lane, Woodmansterne Lane, Woodmansterne Road, Beaches Avenue, Park Hill or reverse and return to normal route of travel.
Dated this 7th day of January 2021 Paul Matthews
Work Coordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ