PUBLIC NOTICE LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED -SECTION 14 (1) (c) TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFICNotice ID: BRI1793801
PUBLIC NOTICE LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED -SECTION 14 (1) (c) TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
NOTICE OF INTENTION VARIOUS ROADS WITHIN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
1. T H E Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that in order to allow Thames Water to complete essential water maintenance works in the streets listed in the Schedule below THEY INTEND to make an Order the effect of which will be to impose the following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
(1) WAITING VEHICLES
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to wait in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street or part of a street adjacent thereto as may become necessary.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction on waiting imposed by this Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986, or by the Council in accordance with the powers conferred upon it.
(2) PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto.
(3) ONE-WAY WORKING
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto, in a direction other than that indicated by traffic signs.
NB: During the prohibitions at (2) and (3) above, displaced traffic will be diverted via local streets as appropriate.
NB: The above prohibitions at (3) will not apply to cul-de-sacs.
2. T H E prohibitions referred to in Paragraph 1 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
3. T H E Order will come into effect on Wednesday 19th August 2020 with no specified finish date.
4. THE Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months and the works will begin on or after the commencement date of the Order.
5. ACCESS to properties will be maintained as far as is practicable from either side of closures as appropriate. Emergency access and egress routes will be maintained at all times.
6. N O T H I N G in the Order shall apply to vehicles being used in connection with the works.
7. NOTHING in the Order shall apply to anything done with the permission or direction of a Police Officer in uniform or Traffic Warden.
8.1 F you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services Section) on 020 8461 7507.
Director of Environment and Public Protection Civic Centre Stockwell Close Bromley BR1 3UH
Thames Water Maintenance Works Addington Road, West Wickham Adelaide Road, Chislehurst Chislehurst Road, Orpington Diameter Road, Petts Wood Hayfield Road, St Mary Cray Jersey Drive, Petts Wood Kelsey Park Road, Beckenham Kent Road, Orpington Link Way, Bromley Lower Road, Orpington Main Road, St Pauls Cray Manor Road, Beckenham Oakdene Road, St Mary Cray Page Heath Lane, Bickley Page Heath Villas, Bickley Royal Parade, Chislehurst Rycroft Road, Petts Wood Sherwood Way, West Wickham Single Street, Biggin Hill Southcroft Avenue, West Wickham The Approach, Orpington Willett Way, Petts Wood