LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED -SECTION 14 (1) (c) TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFICNotice ID: BRI1763704
LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED -SECTION 14 (1) (c) TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
NOTICE OF INTENTION VARIOUS ROADS WITHIN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
1. T H E Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that in order for essential highways works to be carried out in the streets listed in the Schedule below THEY INTEND to make an Order the effect of which will be to impose the following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
(1) WAITING VEHICLES
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to wait in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street or part of a street adjacent thereto as may become necessary.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction on waiting imposed by this Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986, or by the Council in accordance with the powers conferred upon it.
(2) PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto.
(3) ONE-WAY WORKING
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto, in a direction other than that indicated by traffic signs.
NB: During the prohibitions at (2) and (3) above, displaced traffic will be diverted via local streets as appropriate.
NB: The above prohibitions at (3) will not apply to cul-de-sacs.
2. THE prohibitions referred to in Paragraph 1 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
3. THE Order will come into effect on Monday 20th July 2020 with no specified finish date.
4. THE Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months and the works will begin on or after the commencement date of the Order.
5. ACCESS to properties will be maintained as far as is practicable from either side of closures as appropriate. Emergency access and egress routes will be maintained at all times.
6. NOTHING in the Order shall apply to vehicles being used in connection with the works.
7. NOTHING in the Order shall apply to anything done with the permission or direction of a Police Officer in uniform or Traffic Warden.
8. IF you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services Section) on 020 8461 7507.
COLIN BRAND _
Director of Environment and Public Protection, Bromley BR1 3UH
London Borough of Bromley Highway Maintenance
Anerley Road, Penge Avalon Road, Orpington Belmont Lane, Chislehurst Blakeney Road, Beckenham Bridge Road, Beckenham Cambridge Road, Bromley Cameron Road, Bromley Castlecombe Road, Mottingham Centre Common Road, Chislehurst
Chestnut Grove, Penge Chipperfield Road, St Pauls Cray Church Hill, Cudham Church Road, Chelsfield Court Road, Orpington Court Farm Road, Mottingham Crockenhill Road, St Mary Cray Croydon Road, Penge Cudham Lane North, Cudham Cudham Lane South, Cudham Cudham Road, Downe Dale Wood Road, Orpington Elmers End Road, Penge Elmfield Road, Bromley Fairway, Petts Wood
Hawthorne Road, Bickley Hillview Road, Orpington Jail Lane, Biggin Hill Kingsmead, Biggin Hill Layhams Road, West Wickham London Lane, Bromley Mackenzie Road, Beckenham Mells Crescent, Mottingham Monks Orchard Road, Beckenham
Murray Road, St Pauls Cray North Drive, Orpington Orchard Road, Bromley Princes Way, West Wickham Quernmore Road, Bromley Salisbury Road, Bromley The Alders, West Wickham The Avenue, Orpington The Greenway, Orpington Tilbury Close, St Pauls Cray Tubbenden Lane, Orpington Turpington Lane, Bromley Valley Road, St Pauls Cray Venner Road, Sydenham Warren Road, Chelsfield Windsor Drive, Chelsfield