THE A406 GLA ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1723970
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A406 GLA ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable maintenance works to take place on the A406 North Circular Road and the A1000 High Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) exiting North Circular Road in a westbound direction, from the slip road to the High Road;
(2) exiting from North Circular Road in an eastbound direction, from the slip road to the High Road;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on the A1000 High Road in a southbound direction, from Squires Lane and Strawberry Vale;
(4) entering, exiting or proceeding on the A1000 High Road in a northbound direction, from Strawberry Vale and Squires Lane.
The Order will be effective each night from 22.00 PM on 20th July 2020 until 5.00 AM on 20th January 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: (North Circular Road, Brent Cross Interchange and to normal route of travel). (North Circular Road, Pinkham Way, Colney Hatch Lane, Bobby Moore Way and to normal route of travel).
Dated this 21 st day of May 2020 Andrew Sherry
Coordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON