THE A1 GLA ROAD (GREAT NORTH WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1726311
Transport For London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A1 GLA ROAD (GREAT NORTH WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above-named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway surfacing works to take place on the A1 Great North Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on:
(1) Great North Way westbound, between its junctions with North Circular Road and Parson street. Local access will be maintained;
(2) Great North Way westbound, between its Junctions with Parson Street and Westside.
The Order will be effective each night from 9:30 PM on 26th May 2020 until 5:00 AM on 26th November 2020 or when the works have been completed, whichever is sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs. For Great North Way via North Circular Road, High Road, North Circular Road, Hendon Way and Watford Way and to normal route of travel. For access to the M1 junction 2 via North Circular Road, High Road, North Circular Road and the M1 junction 1 and to normal route of travel.
Dated this 21 st May 2020
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8N
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON