ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1694867
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas main replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Sunday 3 May 2020, with works expected to take 1 month to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 18 months to be re-introduced should works be delayed or further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporariiy:-
* introduce one-way working in
o Lavender Road between its junction with Park Lane and No. 3 Lavender Road in a northeast to southwest direction; and
o Woodcote Road between its junction with Stafford Road, Stanley Park Road and No. 116 Woodcote Road in a north to south direction;
? suspend one-way working in Woodcote Road between its junction with Beddington Gardens and No 46 Woodcote Road; and
? introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and
loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' (including suspension of parking bays) in:-
o Beddington Gardens on its southern side between its junction with Woodcote Road and No. 9 Beddington Gardens;
o Parkgate Road on its southern side; and
o Shotfield Road on its eastern side.
4. Any vehicle waiting or in contravention of the temporary restrictions at a time when the provisions of this Order apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicle Regulations 1986 (S.I. 1986/362).
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 (S.I. 2016/362). .---.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 16 April 2020