LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(11 (CARSHALTON ROAD. CHURCH ROAD AND WILLOW LANE! (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020Notice ID: SUT1690962
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(11 (CARSHALTON ROAD. CHURCH ROAD AND WILLOW LANE! (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. The London Borough of Merton Council hereby give notice that to facilitate a programme of carriageway resurfacing and general maintenance works to be undertaken in the roads specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this notice, they have made an Order, the effect of which, during the works, will be to temporarily prohibit vehicular traffic from entering, proceeding in or waiting, including in any parking places, in those roads or lengths of roads specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this notice.
2. Any designated parking place situated in any of the roads or lengths of roads specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this notice will be suspended for the duration of the works in those roads or lengths of roads.
3. The restrictions and suspensions will apply only during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Alternative routes for diverted traffic will be indicated by advance warning and diversion signs on the roads affected when the works are in progress but will likely be those diversion routes specified in column 2 of the Schedule to this notice.
5. Any vehicle that is in contravention of any waiting restrictions imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
6. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) emergency service vehicles, subject to site conditions at the time of any emergency; or
(d) any person requiring vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited roads or lengths of roads insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
7. The Order will come into force on Tuesday 21 st April 2020 and the anticipated works dates are specified in column 3 of the Schedule to this notice. However, the Order will remain in operation for a maximum period of 12 months and its provisions will be re-introduced should further works be required.
Dated: 16 April 2020.
Paul McGarry, Head of futureMerton, London Borough of Merton, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden Surrey, SM4 5DX
CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING AND GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKS
Anticipated Times of Works
Tuesday 21 st April 2020 for 1 day between the hours of 8am and 6pm
Length of Road Closure
CHURCH ROAD, MITCHAM; between Lower Green West and Hallowfield Way
Via Lower Green West(A217), London Road(A217), Raleigh Gardens(A217), Western Road(A236), Christchurch Road (A236) and Church Road, and vice^versa using Upper Green West instead of Raleigh Gardens
Via Willow Lane, Wandle Way and Willow Lane, and vice^versa
Via Goat Road, Middleton Road, St Helier Avenue(A297), Morden Road(A239), London Road(A217), Cricket Green(A239) and Cranmer Road(A239), and vice versa
WILLOW LANE, MITCHAM; at the junction with Wates Way
CARSHALTON ROAD, MITCHAM; between Cranmer Road and Goat Road
Wednesday 22nd April 2020 for
1 day between the hours of 8am and 6pm
Thursday 23rd April 2020 for
2 nights between the hours of 7pm and 5am the following day