ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1667532
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that In order to enable gas main replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway It Intends to make an Order the effect of which Is summarised In paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come Into effect on Tuesday 14 April 2020, with works expected to take 4 months, to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no' loading 'at any time' (on both sides of the road) in:-
- Godaming Avenue between its junctions with Hindhead Way and Guildford Way; and
- Hindhead Way outside No's 2 to 16 and No's 3 to 15.
Please note the restrictions will be placed in 100 metres sections as the work progresses.
4. Any vehicle that is in contravention of the temporary waiting & loading restrictions at a time when these restrictions apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. ^?^
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 19 March 2020