DR JOHNSON AVENUE AND ELMBOURNE ROAD, PROPOSED PARKING AMENDMENTSNotice ID: SUT1514613
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
DR JOHNSON AVENUE AND ELMBOURNE ROAD, PROPOSED PARKING AMENDMENTS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004:
- The Wandsworth (Wandsworth Common) (Parking Places) (No. *) Order 202*
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Amendment No. *) Order 202".
2. The general effect of the Parking Places Order would be:
(a) in Elmbourne Road, to remove various 10 metre lengths of parking spaces in the vicinity of traffic calming features.
3. The general effect of the Waiting and Loading Restriction Order would be
(a) to upgrade the exiting single yellow limes in Dr Johnson Avenue to double yellow lines ("no waiting at any time');
(b) to introduce double yellow lines in Elmbourne Road around its junctions with Bushnell Road, Louisville Road, Drakefield Road, Streathbourne Road, Huron Road, Manville Road, Hillbury Road and Bedford Hill.
(c) to introduce double yellow lines to replace the parking spaces detailed in Paragraph 2 above.
4. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders, raised tables, junction and entry treatment are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays at The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders.
5. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 5669.
6. Any person wishing to make an objection about the proposed Orders or representation about the raised tables, junction or entry treatment should send a statement in writing of their objection or representation and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference W/ECS/TMO/1726a) by 3 January 2020.
Dated 12 December 2019
The Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive