ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ELMBOURNE ROAD AND HILLBURY ROAD AREANotice ID: SUT1450121
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ELMBOURNE ROAD AND HILLBURY ROAD AREA
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate works to construct various traffic calming features in Elmbourne Road and Hillbury Road and at various junctions with these roads ("the works") they intend to make an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce a temporary road closure as set out in paragraph 2 below.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in the following lengths of roads: -
Elmbourne Road, between its junctions with Tooting Bee Road and Bedford Road
Drakefield Road at its junction with Elmbourne Road;
Streathbourne Road at its junction with Elmbourne Road;
Huron Road at its junction with Elmbourne Road;
Manville Road at its junction with Elmbourne Road;
Hillbury Rad at its junction with Elmbourne Road;
Bushnell Road at its junction with Elmbourne Road
Bedford Hill at its junction with Elmbourne Road;
Bedford Road at its junction with Hillbury Road; and
Hillbury Rad between its junctions with Bedford Hill and Dr Johnson Avenue.
The works will be carried out on a rolling basis, and the restrictions will apply at such times and to such an extent as indicated by traffic signs.
3. The Order shall come into effect on 18 November 2019, and the works are expected to be completed on 17 July 2020.
4. When the road closure is in force, signed alternative routes for traffic will be signposted via Bedford Hill, Hillbury Road, Dr Johnson Avenue, Tooting Bee Road, Trinity Road, Holdernesse Road, Trinity Crescent, Ritherdon Road, Terrapin Road, Veronica Road, Bushnell Road, Elmbourne Road, Manville Road, Huron Road, Streathbourne Road, Drakefield Road, Louisville Road.
5. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
6. The Order will come into effect on 18 November 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum period of 18 months. The works are anticipated to be complete as indicated in paragraph 3. The temporary road closure would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
7. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
8. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
9. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279, quoting our reference TT1642.
Dated 8 November 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
Paul Martin Chief Executive