Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of town or village green at: Central Parade New Addington Croydon TOWN OR VILLAGE GREEN VG No.0901Notice ID: SUT1436250
Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006
Proposed deregistration of town or village green at: Central Parade New Addington Croydon TOWN OR VILLAGE GREEN VG No.0901
1. The London Borough of Croydon has applied to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs under section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 for land forming part of the above-mentioned registered town or village green (the "release land") to cease to be so registered. The Planning Inspectorate will decide the application on behalf of the Secretary of State.
2. The purpose of this application Is to facilitate safe demolition of the Addington Community Centre and the old leisure centre (New Addington leisure Centre). The site hoardings for the demolition are required to be positioned 2.175 metres away from the Addington Community Centre and 2.775 metres from the old leisure centre. These distances have been calculated based on the required angle of repose (the steepest angle at which a sloping surface Is stable) to enable the safe excavation and removal of the foundations of the existing buildings.
3. It is proposed that land (the "replacement land") be registered as a town or village green In place of the release land.
4. The release land Is described In the First Schedule to this notice, and the replacement land Is described In the Second Schedule.
5. A copy of the application form and accompanying documents can be inspected at New Addington Centre, 61 Central Parade, New Addington, CRO OJD between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday until 09th of December 2019, and on the following website:
. A copy of the application may be obtained by writing to Alsha Elhouderl, Bernard Weatherlll House, 3rd Floor Zone D, 8 Mint Walk, CRO 1EA.
6. Any representations In respect of the proposed deregistration and exchange should be sent In writing ON or BEFORE that date to: Common Land Team, The Planning Inspectorate, 3F Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN or commonlandcasework®
7. Representations sent to The Planning Inspectorate cannot be treated as confidential. They will be copied to the applicant and possibly to other interested parties.
cannot be treated as confidential.
(The release Land)
The proposed release land comprises an area of 286.27 square metres. It consists of two separate areas within the Green which will be referred to as RL1 and RL2 throughout this notice.
RL1 runs around the front of the existing Addington Community Centre. It has an area of 174.27 metres square. It has a width of 2.175 metres. The width increases to 4.21 metres in a small section to the North, adjacent to the former Social Services building to allow for vehicular access.
RL2 runs along the front of the old leisure centre (New Addington Leisure centre). It has an area of 112.00 metres square. It has a width of 2.775 and a length of 38.93 metres. The width increases to 3.49 metres towards the North side.
The location of the proposed release land (RL1 & RL2) is shown edged in red on the map which can be inspected at the address and times given in paragraph 5 above.
SECOND SCHEDULE (The replacement land)
The proposed replacement land comprises an area of 287.6 square metres. It has a width of 4.8 metres and lengths of 359 and 23.9 metres. It sits beside the Green and currently forms part of the old leisure centre car park. The location of the proposed replacement land is shown edged in green on the map which can be inspected at the address and times given in paragraph 5 above.
London Borough of Croydon
Bernard Weatherill House
6th Floor Zone D
8 Mint Walk