ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A232 GLA ROAD (WICKHAM ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2019Notice ID: SUT1339467
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A232 GLA ROAD (WICKHAM ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable sewer cleaning works to take place at Wickham Road.
3. The effects of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting, stopping or proceeding on the un-named Road fronting Nos. 794-844 Wickham Road between its junction with Bridle Road and outside No. 826 Wickham Road. Local access will be maintained;
(2) entering, exiting, stopping or proceeding on Oak Avenue between its junction with Wickham Road and a point 27 metres south of the extended northern building line of No. 826 Wickham Road.
The Order will be effective between 9th September 2019 and 11th September 2019 every night from 7:00 PM until 05:00 AM or until the works has been completed. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Oak Avenue, Ash Road, Bridle Road and Wickham Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 5th day of September 2019 Andrew Sherry
Works Coordination & Permitting Area Manager, Transport for London