Transport for London Public Notice ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1326273
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE GLA ROADS (LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (BUS PRIORITY) CONSOLIDATION ORDER 2009 A23 BRIGHTON ROAD VARIATION ORDER 2019
THE GLA ROADS AND GLA SIDE ROADS (CROYDON) CONSOLIDATION TRAFFIC ORDER 2007 A232 GLA ROAD AND SIDE ROAD SHIRLEY ROAD AND SHIRLEY OAKS ROAD VARIATION ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London, hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Orders under section 6 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The general nature and effect of the Orders will be to:
(1) formalise the existing start point and reduce the length by 10 metres at its northern end of the north-east bound bus lane on the A23 Brighton Road, Purley outside Nos. 22 to 30 Brighton Road, Purley;
(2) remove the Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm 1 hour no return 2 hours parking and disabled persons' vehicles bay outside Nos. 201 to 203 Shirley Road;
(3) introduce a 21 metre double red line restriction (No Stopping at Any Time) outside Nos 199 to 203 Shirley Road to accommodate the installation of a bus stop;
(4) remove the Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm 1 hour no return 2 hours parking and disabled persons' vehicles bay on Shirley Oakes Road at the side of No.121 Shirley Road replacing it with a double red line restriction (No Stopping at Any Time).
3. The roads which would be affected by the Orders are the
A23 Brighton Road, the A232 Shirley Road and Shirley Oaks Road.
4. A copy of the Orders, a statement of Transport for London's reasons for the proposals, a map indicating the location and effect of the Order and copies of any Order revoked, suspended or varied by the Order can be inspected during normal office hours at the offices of:
Transport for London
Streets Traffic Order Team
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road London, SE1 8NJ
Planning and Environment
Department Traffic Design 3rd Floor, Davis House Robert Street Croydon CR0 1QQ
5. All objections and other representations to the proposed Orders must be made in writing and must specify the grounds on which they are made. Objections and representations must be sent to Transport for London, Streets Traffic Order Team, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ quoting reference NP/ REGULATION/STOT/TRO, GLA/2019/0397-8, to arrive before 19th September 2019. Objections and other representations may be communicated to other persons who may be affected.
Dated this 29th day of August 2019
Planning & Performance Manager (South),
Transport for London
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ