Official NoticeNotice ID: SUT1309033
PUBLIC NOTICE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990
THE LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON ACTING IN ITS CAPACITY AS A LOCAL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY hereby gives notice of the proposal to make an Order under section 247 of the above Act to authorise the stopping up part of Cherry Orchard Road Croydon CRO 6BU.
IF THE ORDER IS MADE, the stopping up will be authorised only in order to enable the development described in the schedule to this notice to be carried out in accordance with the planning permission granted under Part III of the Act to Mr. James Cook, GLHearn, 280 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EE on 10 May 2019 planning reference 17/05046/FUL.
COPIES OF THE DRAFT ORDER AND RELEVANT PLANS are available for inspection at all reasonable hours at the Council's Access Croydon Reception Desk, Ground Floor, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CRO 1EA in the 28 days commencing Thursday 15 August 2019 or may be obtained, free of charge, from the London Borough of Croydon (quoting reference 17/05046/FUL) at the address stated below.
ANY PERSON MAY OBJECT to the making of the proposed order. Objections must be received no later than Monday 16 September 2019 by writing to The London Borough of Croydon, Place Department, Highway Improvements Section, Bernard Weatherill House, 6 Floor, Zone C, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CRO 1EA, quoting the above reference. In submitting an objection it should be noted that your personal data and correspondence will be passed to the applicant to enable your objection to be considered. If you do not want your personal data to be forwarded, please state your reasons when submitting your objection.
The contact for any queries relating to this publication is Anthony Graham Tel No 020 8726 6000 extension 63163 or email anthony.graham@croydon.
Steve lies MBE - Director of Public Realm Date: 15 August 2019
Description of development
Erection of two 25 storey towers (plus plant) and single building ranging from 5 to 9 storeys (plus plant) to provide a total of 445 residential units with flexible commercial, retail and community floor space (A1 /A2/A3/A4/B1 a/D1 / D2) at ground and first floor level of the two towers and associated amenity, play space, hard and soft landscaping, public realm, cycle parking and car parking with associated vehicle accesses at land adjacent to East Croydon station and land at Cherry Orchard Road, Cherry Orchard Gardens Billington Hill Croydon.
Description of Highway to be stopped up
The highway to be stopped up is in the London Borough of Croydon and is shown line hatched in black on drawing reference number 003801-CON-ZZ-XX-DR-C-3604 revision P1 and comprises of an irregular area of all-purpose highway located at the junction of Oval Road and Cherry Orchard Road.
CROYDON COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984, SECTION 14 AS AMENDED AND THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
CROHAM ROAD, SOUTH CROYDON TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC
1. Croydon Council HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate works to install a new customer connection on behalf of UKPN, they have made an Order the effect of which would be to temporarily restrict traffic in Croham Road.
2. Whilst the said works are taking place:-
(a) Croham Road will be closed eastbound between its junctions with Selsdon Road and South Park Hill Road;
(b) Any other traffic management measures required to facilitate the works will be introduced as necessary.
3. Whilst the closure is place the diversion route for traffic will be via St Peter's Road, Coombe Road and South Park Hill Road, as appropriately signed.
4. The Order will come into operation on 16 August 2019 and it is anticipated that the works will be carried out within approximately fourteen days between 8am and 6pm. However, the Order will remain in force for 18 months to be reintroduced should further works be required.
5. These restrictions shall not apply in respect of:
(a) any vehicle involved in carrying out the said works;
(b) any vehicle being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(c) anything done with the permission of a police constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer.
15 August 2019 Mike Barton
Highway Improvement Manager Place Department
CROYDON COUNCIL PROPOSED INTRODUCTION OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING BAYS AND AMENDMENTS TO EXISTING SHARED USE, FREE LIMITED TIME AND PAY AND DISPLAY PARKING BAYS - FRANT ROAD, LOWER ADDISCOMBE ROAD, PAMPISFORD ROAD, STANHOPE ROAD,
SOUTH END & WADDON WAY
The Croydon (Free Parking Places) (Electric Vehicles) (No.K19) Order 20
The Croydon (Purley) (Parking Places) (No.K20) Traffic Order 20
The Croydon (South) (Parking Places) (No.K21) Traffic Order 20
The Croydon (West) (Parking Places) (No.K22) Traffic Order 20
The Croydon (Free Parking Places) (Limited Time) (No.K23) Traffic Order 20
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Croydon Council proposes to make the above Traffic Orders under the relevant sections of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be:-
(a) To provide 13 parking places which may be used free of charge by electrically propelled vehicles that are being charged with electrical power, operational at any time on Mondays to Sundays inclusive, in the locations detailed in the Schedule to this Order.
(b) To remove existing shared use (permit/pay and display), free limited time and pay and display only parking bays in those locations where electric vehicle charging bays are proposed.
3. A copy of the proposed Orders and all related documents can be inspected until the last day of a period of six weeks beginning with the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders, between 9am and 4pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive at the Enquiry Counter, "Access Croydon' Facility, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CRO 1 EA.
4. Further information may be obtained by telephoning Parking Design, Croydon Council on 020 8726 7100.
5. Persons desiring to object to the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof to the Order Making Section, Order Making Section, Parking Design Team, Place Department, Croydon Council, Floor 6, Zone C, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CRO 1 EA or email Parking.
quoting the reference PD/CH/K19 to K23 by 05 September 2019.
6. The proposed Orders are intended to introduce 13 electric vehicle charging bays to enable electric vehicle users to have access to unobstructed charging facilities reserved for the use of electric vehicles only, as part of the Council's aim to have a phased introduction of up to 400 electric vehicle charging points across the borough. The Orders are also intended to amend existing shared use, pay and display only and free parking bays to accommodate the new electric vehicle charging bays.
Dated 15 August 2019
Mike Barton, Highway Improvement Manager, Place Department
SCHEDULE - PROPOSED ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING BAYS
a) Two bays to be provided on the north-east side of Frant Road adjacent to the junction with Brigstock Road - these will replace two proposed permit / pay-by phone bays.
b) Two bays to be provided on the north-west side of Lower Addiscombe Road outside No. 275 - these will replace two one-hour maximum stay free parking bays.
c) Three bays to be provided on the south-east side of Pampisford Road opposite Gresham Court, No. 11 Pampisford Road - these will replace three permit / pay and display bays.
d) Two bays to be provided on the east side of South End outside Nos. 47 and 49 - these will replace two pay and display only bays.
e) Three bays to be provided on the north-east side of Stanhope Road northwest of the junction with Chichester Road - these will replace three permit / pay and display bays.
f) Two bays to be provided on the south side of Waddon Way opposite C.M.O Bowling Club - these will replace two unrestricted parking spaces within an inset parking bay.
CROYDON COUNCIL PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE HOURS OF
OPERATION OF THE WEST THORNTON CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE, CROYDON. The Croydon (West Thornton) (Parking Places)
(NO.K24) Traffic Order 20-The Croydon (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (No.K25) Traffic Order 20-
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Croydon Council propose to make the above Traffic Orders under Sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984, as amended and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to change the hours of operation within the West Thornton Controlled Parking Zone into the roads listed in Schedule 1 to this Notices
(a) introduce 12 hour 'pay and display/permit' parking bays operating from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday;
(b) 'At any time' waiting restrictions in the lengths of streets specified in Schedule 1 will remain unchanged;
(c) existing single yellow lines would be amended to operate from
8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday;
(d) existing disabled bays that apply will remain;
(e) charges for pay and display parking in the bays would vary from 50p for 30 minutes to £12.00 for 12 hours (Monday to Saturday), with a charge of £1.30 for one hour or £3.30 all day on Sundays.
3. Copies of the proposed Orders and of all related Orders, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and of the plans which indicate each length of road to which the Orders relate, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the last day of a period of six weeks beginning with the date on which the Orders were made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders, at the Enquiry Counter, 'Access Croydon' Facility, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CRO 1 EA.
4. Further information may be obtained by telephoning Parking Design, Place Department, telephone number: 020 8726 7100.
5. Persons desiring to object to the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof to the Order Making Section, Parking Design Team, Place Department, Croydon Council, Floor 6 Zone C, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CRO 1 EA or by emailing
quoting the reference PS/CH/K24/K25 by 06th September 2019.
6. The Orders are intended to change the hours of operation in the West Thornton Controlled Parking Zone introducing 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday inclusive waiting restrictions in conjunction with 12 hour shared use (permit and pay and display) bays into the roads listed in Schedule 1 to this Notice. This will alleviate residents' parking problems caused by non-residents, including commuters, and improve road safety by regulating parking spaces, keeping junctions clear and preventing obstructive parking.
Dated this 15th August 2019 Mike Barton,
Highway Improvements Manager Place Department
Proposed Controlled Parking Zone
Aurelia Road Nos.1-79
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984, SECTION 14 AS AMENDED THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 AND ALL OTHER ENABLING POWERS
GREENVIEW AVENUE, CROYDON
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
1. Croydon Council HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that to facilitate repair works to a telecom mast and cabinet, they intend to make an Order the effect of which would be to temporarily prohibit vehicular traffic movements in Greenview Avenue, Croydon.
2. Whilst the said works are taking place, no person shall cause any vehicle to proceed in Greenview Avenue at its junction with The Glade.
3. Whilst the closure remains in force the alternative route for diverted traffic will be via local streets as appropriately signed.
4. The Order will come into operation on 25 September 2019 and it is anticipated that the works will be carried out in 1 day. However, the Order will remain in force for 18 months to be reintroduced should further works be required. The prohibitions will only apply during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
15 August 2019 Mike Barton
Highway Improvements Manager Place Department
Croydon Council are inviting comments on the applications listed below which are advertised for the reasons given:
18/03678/FUL Retrospective application for erection of a side gate at Flat 2B, 10 Beech House Road Croydon CRO UP
Reason(s): Name: Chatsworth Road Conservation Area
19/02534/FUL Change of use from A1/A2 (Retail) to D2 (Yoga Studio) and installation of air conditioning unit on side elevation at 239 Selhurst Road South Norwood London SE25 6XP
Reason(s): Name: South Norwood Conservation Area
19/03487/FUL Erection of a two-storey plus basement building consisting of 7 x 1, 1 x 2 and 1x3 bedroom flats to the rear of 78 Beulah Hill (Chesterfield Lodge) along with associated landscaping (including demolition of standalone garage block).
at 78 Beulah Hill Upper Norwood London SE19 3EX Reason(s): Name: Beulah Hill Conservation Area
PUBLIC NOTICES CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE