Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Charlton loan bid for N'Guessan rejected by Millwall
MILLWALL chief executive Andy Ambler has revealed the Lions rejected a bid from Charlton last week to take Dany N’Guessan on loan.
N’Guessan has made no secret of his desire to return to The Valley after a successful loan spell with the Addicks towards the end of last season.
Kenny Jackett has already gone on record to say N’Guessan is down the pecking order behind Andy Keogh and Darius Henderson, while opposite number Chris Powell said after Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Hull a deal for the French attacker could be on the cards if it is right for all parties.
But Ambler this afternoon strongly suggested the circumstances are far from ideal from Millwall’s point of view at the minute, confirming they had already snubbed Charlton’s initial suggestion of a second loan switch for the 25-year-old.
“Charlton approached us last week with an offer to take Dany N’Guessan from us on loan,” he told News Shopper.
“We turned it down.
“If Dany is to move on it will be in a deal which benefits Millwall.
“A few clubs have expressed an interest in Dany but there is no bid on the table.”
Ambler also confirmed there has been no interest for any other Millwall players from elsewhere so far and also that the Lions are highly unlikely to make any permanent signings before the window closes at the end of this week.
He added: “I don’t think it is likely before Friday unless the manager really wants somebody.
“The board have shown in the past they’ve always been willing to back the manager when that happens.
“We would be looking to strengthen up front but at the moment the right player isn’t there.
“It might be that we will be looking to go into the loan market once that window opens next month.”
The contents of this article must not be reproduced without the permission of News Shopper.
Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt