Dorian Dervite has revealed he is aware a number of clubs are interested in signing him this summer but insists he wants to stay at Charlton.
The Frenchman was in talks with Charlton over a new contract earlier this month but a decision has been deferred until the end of the season with the club’s Championship future still far from guaranteed after Saturday’s 3-1 home defeat against Blackburn.
Dervite said: “I haven’t been contacted directly but I know other clubs are interested, which is a good sign for me.
“But I am more focused on the end of the season here with Charlton.
“I have always said I want to stay at Charlton.
“If the chairman is ambitious and wants to do great things with this club, which deserves to be more ambitious in this league, I am more than happy to stay here.
“I have to meet with the club once we are safe in the league. I am confident that we will stay in this league and then I will sort out my future here as quickly as possible.”
Saturday’s loss to Blackburn leaves Charlton needing three points against Watford on Tuesday to guarantee Championship safety.
And Dervite is desperate to get the win to ensure Charlton’s future doesn’t hang in the balance in the last game of the season at Blackpool on Saturday.
He said: “We are ready to bounce back on Tuesday at home and get a good result.
“We have to win – massively.
“Staying up would be a massive relief because this season has been very hard for everyone.
“We have to treat Tuesday’s game as a final and go for it, we have to make sure we are 200 per cent ready.
“It would be great for the club because I think it deserves to be in this league.”
Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt for updates from the Watford game