AFC WIMBLEDON and Charlton and AFC Wimbledon played out a draw last night at Kingsmeadow.

Charlton had gone ahead through Danny Green early on, but the Addicks were pegged back when Alan Bennett headed in from a George Francomb corner on the half hour.

The first opportunity fell the Addicks’ way on five minutes as trialist striker Adamo Coulibaly was sent clear down the left and the powerful forward cut in before curling a shot agonisingly onto the right hand post.

News Shopper: Luke Moore

Soon after it was the hosts who were to be denied by the woodwork. Kevin Sainte-Luce raced clear on the right and squared a pass to Luke Moore, who rounded keeper David Button and looked to have been tripped.

Moore carried on but his effort struck the foot of the post and rolled away.

The referee waved away the protests, insistent that he had played the advantage and the match continued.

Still ruing their missed opportunity, Wimbledon then gifted Charlton the lead.

The Dons had looked shaky in possession at the back in the opening stages and when the defence was dispossessed, Green burst forward and slid a shot past Ross Worner.

Wimbledon pressed their opponents hard when they were in possession.

Harry Pell had a shot deflected behind from a corner, from the hosts drew level.

Francomb swung the delivery in from the right and his corner was met by Alan Bennett at the far post, who applied the simplest of finishes.

Dale Stephens tested Worner from a free-kick before Green then volleyed wide as the half came to a close.

The second period started in similar fashion to the first, as Coulibaly was presented with another early chance to score on his debut.

He ran at the Dons backline and after a couple of step-overs in a jinking run, the forward skewed his shot wide and the chance came and went.

Yann Kermorgant then went close when he almost caught Worner off his line but the Frenchman’s audacious chip bounced just wide.

News Shopper: Alan Bennett

Coulibaly broke away on the hour mark and squared for Danny Hollands, although the midfielder could only watch as his shot was scrambled off the line and away.

Powell rang the changes during the final stages of the game.

Johnnie Jackson, Bradley Pritchard, Jordan Cook and Mark Gower replaced Stephens, Lee Hughes, Hollands and Coulibaly.

Minutes later Pigott, Evina, Solly and Morrison took to the field as Kermorgant, Wiggins, Wilson and Cort made way.

Green then tested Seb Brown in the Dons goal, who’d replaced Worner shortly before.

Young striker Joe Pigott put himself about well during the short time he was on the field, meeting a Jackson cross on the turn but saw his effort blocked.

Pigott then got himself on the end on a Pritchard knock down following good work from Cedric Evina, but the youngster’s volley sailed straight through to the keeper.

This was to be the last chance of the contest as the final whistle went.

A stubborn and well drilled Wimbledon had proved a good match for Charlton and theAddicks now travel to Fratton Park on Saturday to face Portsmouth in what promises to be another tough match.

Follow @NewsShopperSprt on Twitter for updates from the Pompey game.

Charlton: Button, Wilson (Solly 76), Wiggins (Evina 72), Hughes (Pritchard 68), Cort (Morrison 76), Wood (Dervite), Green (Cousins 80), Stephens (Jackson 68), Coulibaly (Gower 68), Kermorgant (Pigott 72), Hollands (Cook 68). Subs not used: Hamer, Smith.