Bromley recorded a second consecutive victory of the season – their first at Hayes Lane – against Whitehawk on Tuesday evening. 

But the 4-1 scoreline slightly flattered them, as the visitors had more of the possession, the difference being Bromley took their chances rather well and Whitehawk did not.

Whitehawk took the game to Bromley from the off with Jake Robinson, Sam Deering and John-Paul Kissock all causing problems for defenders. 

Kissock’s diving header was saved by Seb Brown before Bromley gradually came into the game and might have opened the scoring with their first attack in the 17th minute. 

Ali Fuseini picked out Moses Ademola, whose cross was mis-kicked in front of goal by Sam Higgins.

Harry Grant knocked the ball across an empty goal after Whitehawk’s keeper had missed Ugo Udoji’s cross, and Ademola found the side netting following a knock down by Reece Prestedge.

The home side opened the scoring on 25 minutes.

Ademola did well to flick the ball into the path of Pierre Joseph-Dubois, who held off two challenges before planting a low shot beyond the reach of Lance Cronin.

But the lead lasted just 60 seconds, as the Lillywhites defence switched off to allow Robinson to turn and volley a first-time shot high into the right hand corner of the net.

Robinson wasted a good chance moments later, firing high and wide from a central position.

Bromley regained the lead six minutes before the break.

Ademola collected a defensive clearance to set off on a 70-yard run, which culminated with his shot taking a wicked deflection to wrong foot Cronin.

Brown did well to save low down from Deering and then Robinson headed wide of a gaping goal from Lee Hill’s cross.

Higgins saw his goal-bound shot palmed away for a corner early in the second period.

Rob Swaine had a headed ‘goal’ disallowed just after the hour mark, while Ahmed Abdulla placed a long range free-kick wide at the other end.

Swaine did well to block a Robinson effort after the striker had run onto substitute Danny Mills’ flick on moments later.

The home side increased their lead on 71 minutes when Swaine’s header from Udoji’s long throw in counted this time.

Five minutes later the scoring was complete - Fuseini’s volley from 35 yards simply flying into the net, giving Cronin no chance.

The Lillywhites are back at Hayes Lane on Saturday to face Basingstoke (3pm).

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

Bromley: Brown, Udoji, Anderson, Fuseini, Swaine, Bailey-Dennis, Joseph-Dubois, Prestedge, Higgins (Slabber 64), Ademola (Birchall 75), Grant (Dennis 79). Subs not used: Waldren, Scannell. Att: 532.