A cheeky fiancé broke her husband’s Millwall-themed wedding rule by wearing an Arsenal garter as they became the first to tie the knot at The Lions' home ground last weekend.
Over 70 guests attended the wedding ceremony of Billy and Sammy Wiltshire on Saturday at The Den where the happy couple exchanged vows, posed pitch side by the Blue Bus for photos and then tucked into pie and mash.
Guests of the Hackney couple, who had been sent match day tickets, also enjoyed a visit from Millwall’s club mascot Zampa the lion during the reception.
Blushing bride Sammy Wiltshire, said: “My heart will always be Arsenal but I have grown to love Millwall after going to many of the matches so you could say I’ve converted.”
Billy Wiltshire, who proposed to his wife while on holiday in Tenerife, said getting married at the famous football ground was surreal.
Mr Wiltshire said: “As I said in my speech, you don’t marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can’t live without.”
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield
- UPDATE: Three arrests after shooting in Dartford
- Massive pile of rubbish, derelict boats and gas cylinders on fire in Erith
- Greenwich drug dealer found with 72 wraps of crack cocaine jailed
- This real-life Dr Dolittle wants to help more animals desperately in need - but he needs your help first