A cheeky fiancé broke her husband’s Millwall-themed wedding rule by wearing an Arsenal garter as they became the first to tie the knot at The Lions' home ground last weekend.
Over 70 guests attended the wedding ceremony of Billy and Sammy Wiltshire on Saturday at The Den where the happy couple exchanged vows, posed pitch side by the Blue Bus for photos and then tucked into pie and mash.
Guests of the Hackney couple, who had been sent match day tickets, also enjoyed a visit from Millwall’s club mascot Zampa the lion during the reception.
Blushing bride Sammy Wiltshire, said: “My heart will always be Arsenal but I have grown to love Millwall after going to many of the matches so you could say I’ve converted.”
Billy Wiltshire, who proposed to his wife while on holiday in Tenerife, said getting married at the famous football ground was surreal.
Mr Wiltshire said: “As I said in my speech, you don’t marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can’t live without.”
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight