A merchandise company has mistaken Barack Obama for Chris Smalling on a World Cup mug.
An unnamed wholesaler was apparently tasked with finding royalty-free images of both the Greenwich-born England defender and the US president.
But the two got mixed up during the process, allegedly the fault of a new apprentice, and the knock-off items are now fetching £2,000 a pop.
Chris Smalling, 24, who grew up and began his football career in Kent, is currently in Brazil for England’s final World Cup 2014 game tonight (June 24).
President Obama meanwhile is still thought to be leading one of the most powerful nations on the planet.
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?
- Forest Hill film maker speaks out about impact of gang culture on families
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- 'Red alert' issued and millions warned to stay at home as London is hit by toxic air from Germany