A merchandise company has mistaken Barack Obama for Chris Smalling on a World Cup mug.
An unnamed wholesaler was apparently tasked with finding royalty-free images of both the Greenwich-born England defender and the US president.
But the two got mixed up during the process, allegedly the fault of a new apprentice, and the knock-off items are now fetching £2,000 a pop.
Chris Smalling, 24, who grew up and began his football career in Kent, is currently in Brazil for England’s final World Cup 2014 game tonight (June 24).
President Obama meanwhile is still thought to be leading one of the most powerful nations on the planet.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist, 17, in coma following Brands Hatch crash
- 1 hectare of grass and shrubland on fire in Abbey Wood
- Neighbours campaign against plans to build Chislehurst school on allotments
- Protests outside hospital as Sidcup-based gynaecologist Rod Irvine returns to work despite investigation
- Feature: Speaking out about "traumatising" life as a homeless teen in Bexley and Kent