Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Barack Obama mistaken for Greenwich's Chris Smalling on World Cup mug
A merchandise company has mistaken Barack Obama for Chris Smalling on a World Cup mug.
An unnamed wholesaler was apparently tasked with finding royalty-free images of both the Greenwich-born England defender and the US president.
But the two got mixed up during the process, allegedly the fault of a new apprentice, and the knock-off items are now fetching £2,000 a pop.
Chris Smalling, 24, who grew up and began his football career in Kent, is currently in Brazil for England’s final World Cup 2014 game tonight (June 24).
President Obama meanwhile is still thought to be leading one of the most powerful nations on the planet.
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham
Comments are closed on this article.