A merchandise company has mistaken Barack Obama for Chris Smalling on a World Cup mug.
An unnamed wholesaler was apparently tasked with finding royalty-free images of both the Greenwich-born England defender and the US president.
But the two got mixed up during the process, allegedly the fault of a new apprentice, and the knock-off items are now fetching £2,000 a pop.
Chris Smalling, 24, who grew up and began his football career in Kent, is currently in Brazil for England’s final World Cup 2014 game tonight (June 24).
President Obama meanwhile is still thought to be leading one of the most powerful nations on the planet.
- Superstar Superintendant from Lewisham to take part in India policing programme
- Polish in Bromley, Punjabi in Bexley, Nepalese in Greenwich: second most spoken languages after English
- New children's book based on Charles Darwin's adventures in Downe, Bromley
- Parking signs in Crayford 'like Nazi Germany' say residents
- Celebs go selfie-crazy for Greenwich charity climb