Jaded Welling United again showed the difficulties of competing with a small squad as once again they failed to list a full sixteen man squad for their visit to Kidderminster Harriers.

Lee Clarke and Kurtis Guthrie were both injured and with Jake Gallagher's suspended, Jamie Day resisted the temptation to bring back a player on dual registration.

Quade Taylor partnered Blaine Hudson at the back and Jack Obersteller was chosen ahead of Tom Bender.

Harry Beautyman had the first goal attempt when successive fouls on Ross Lafayette presented him with a dead ball opportunity which flew well over.

Amari'i Bell looped a header onto the roof of the net before Lee Vaughan broke free down the right but opted to square rather than shoot, and Welling were able to clear.

Michael Gash had a couple of opportunities for the hosts but his first effort was at a good height for Lee Butcher to make a diving save and the second just cleared the crossbar.

Butcher was required to make another save soon after when the tricky Adrian Cieslewicj created his own opening for a near post shot.

Beautyman made an excellent and vital block to stop Jamie Grimes effort from a half cleared corner.

However, despite conceding the territorial advantage, Welling still presented a danger on the break and Tobi Sho-Silva fizzed a shot just wide of Danny Lewis' near post.

Hudson did well to block a shot at the expense of a corner and Jack Byrne shot over wildly for the Harriers.

Butcher made an incredible save to keep the scores level when Nick Wright's shot was deflected by Hudson sending him the wrong way but somehow he managed to stick out a foot and send the effort away for a corner.

Josh O'Keefe was cautioned for a clumsy challenge of the industrious Josh Wakefield but the Harriers had one last chance before the break when Gash's shot was blocked by lone defender Hudson when he should have put Cieslewicz through on goal with a simple pass.

Joe Healy came agonisingly close to adding to his portfolio of spectacular goals seconds into the second period when his low drive went just beyond the far post with Danny Lewis beaten.

Toby Ajala then threaded a pass through but Lafayette's shot was blocked by the feet of Lewis.

O'Keefe shot over for Kidderminster and Sho-Silva did likewise for Welling before Ajala saw an attempt blocked.

Nathan Blissett came on for the Harriers and almost caused the deadlock to be broken but both Gash and O'Keefe dithered and Loui Fazakerley leaped to head away.

Another chance came and went when Butcher punched out under pressure but Bell volleyed into the ground and the Welling goalkeeper was able to recover and save.

When Hudson was adjudged to have fouled Morgan-Smith in the penalty area, Butcher again came to the rescue by saving Morgan-Smith's spot kick.

Kidderminster continued to press and Jack Byrne headed wide from Morgan-Smith's corner then a brave Hudson intervention kept out O'Keefe.

Finally, in the 77th minute, the pressure told and the hosts went ahead. Penalty area pinball resulted in a chance that Gash was able to tuck away from close range.

Five minutes later, the Harriers made the game safe.

Although Lafayette appeared to have been fouled, Kidderminster were allowed to break and Gash crossed for Blissett to head home at the far post.   

Wakefield shot narrowly wide for a tired Welling from distance but they did not look like they were likely to hurt the Harriers as the team from Worcestershire saw the game out to complete the double over the Wings.

Welling United: Butcher, Fazakerley, Obersteller, Wakefield, Taylor, Hudson, Beautyman, Ajala (Bender 56),  Sho-Silva, Lafayette, Healy. Unused substitutes: Turner, Karagiannis, Day.