Bromley regained top spot in the Conference South with an emphatic demolition of Maidenhead on Saturday.

This was Bromley’s biggest victory since December 2007 when they thrashed Thurrock 8-1 in a home league fixture.

In a polished performance, the Hayes Lane club dictated play in the first half to build up a three goal advantage at the interval.

After Rob Swaine had skimmed the crossbar with a header in the opening 60 seconds, Danny Waldren was just wide with a shot through a crowd of players.

Maidenhead’s keeper Yannick Nlate kept his side in the game with two first class punched clearances, both from the head of Jay May, and then did well to deny Pierre Joseph-Dubois by blocking the winger’s effort following Joe Anderson’s free-kick.

The hosts deservedly opened the scoring on 28 minutes as Bradley Goldberg followed up to chip over the prostrate Nlate after the custodian had spilled Brendan Kiernan’s low shot.

Joseph-Dubois got the slightest of touches to another Anderson free-kick six minutes later to double the advantage.

Bromley further increased their lead on the stroke of half-time as Anderson and Goldberg combined before the latter’s diagonal pass picked out Joseph-Dubois in the area, who made no mistake from around 12 yards.

The visitors made two changes at the break which added more pace to their front runners, leaving Bromley on the back-foot for 20 minutes.

Harry Grant had a good chance to reduce the arrears when he went one-on-one with the Bromley keeper, but Joe Welch was quickly out to block before Maidenhead did pull one back on 52 minutes.

Andrew Blackman’s pass inside the full-back picked out Harry Pritchard and his cross was converted by Grant.

Daniel Brown’s low shot was turned around by Welch as the visitors went close again before the home keeper tipped away a tantalising cross minutes later.

Rather against the run of play at that time, Bromley restored their three-goal margin when another Anderson free-kick from the halfway line picked out May, who volleyed past a stranded Nlate in the 65th minute.

It got worse for the visitors two minutes later as Goldberg broke from halfway, only to be brought down by Leon Soloman just inside the area.

As the last man, Soloman was sent off and Goldberg got up to send the keeper the wrong way with the spot-kick.

Nlate saved well from Goldberg, whilst Maidenhead substitute Reece Tison-Lascaris, got the better of Swaine, only to see his shot come back off the upright before May’s header was narrowly wide from Bromley.

Danny Green turned his marker two minutes from time, but Welch was equal to the shot by getting down to push his effort onto the post before pouncing on the loose ball.

Bromley completed the scoring in the 90th minute.

Substitute Louis Dennis, curled a sweetly struck shot beyond Nlate and into the top corner to complete a satisfactory afternoon’s work and ensure the Lillywhites resumed pole position in the race for the title.

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

Bromley: Welch, Pooley (Nicholls 64), Anderson, Waldren, Swaine (Dennis 80), Bailey-Dennis (Buchanan 76), Joseph-Dubois, Fuseini, May, Goldberg, Kiernan. Subs not used: Jarrett, Reid. Att: 610.